Monday, September 17, 2007

Class Discussion 9/17/07

My two-year-old son woke up at 4 am this morning with a fever of 101. I am very sorry that I can't be there with you today. I was/am looking forward to a lively class discussion concerning "Good Country People." So come armed with your ammunition on Wednesday. We will have fun with this one. While it's a fun tale, there is lots there lurking below the surface to have fun with.

To prepare you for that discussion, here's what I'd like for you to do today for class. I'd like for you to pick your favorite or perhaps least favorite character in "Good Country People." Then give me a 2-3 page essay that discusses what motivates them. In other words, figure out why they do what they do and tell me why you feel that way. A successful paper will focus on the actions of the characters, provide details from the story for support, and be clearly and logically argued. Please have it to me before the next class meeting--Wednesday morning by 6:00 am

I'm not sure if you can post something of that length to the blog, so just email it to me (cmcguire @pjc.edu) as a MS Word attachment.

Thanks again for being understanding and cooperative in my absence. It means a great deal to me.

See you Wednesday, and happy writing.

Mrs. M

No comments: